Financial Accounting Manager
- Are you a qualified accountant?
- Do you have experience from within the charity sector?
- Have you led, developed and managed a team to deliver results within key deadlines and timescales?
This well-known and high-profile charity is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Accounting Manager to lead and develop the financial accounting team with responsibility for the statutory accounts production, VAT and tax compliance and all the external reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be required to manage and motivate a team of five and your daily duties will include:
- Ensuring the annual report and statutory accounts for the charity and all its subsidiaries are prepared in accordance with accounting standards including Charities SORP
- Implementing, monitoring and developing internal control procedures to preserve the integrity of all the financial information recorded
- Compliance with all the relevant tax regulations, including corporation tax, income tax and VAT
- Monitoring and forecasting cash flow whilst maintaining appropriate treasury procedures
- Manage and motivate the performance of the team through regular meetings to appraise their performance against targets
- Provide technical advice and where appropriate training to key stakeholders across the charity on financial procedures and accounting treatments
- Deputise for the Head of Finance when required on all aspects of Financial Accounting
The successful candidate will be an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with post-qualified experience from a similar sized charity or complex multi-faceted commercial business, with proven experience in the production of consolidated Statutory Accounts whilst dealing with the external audit requirements. You must be a strong manager with the ability to lead and motivate the team to deliver results.
You must possess first class interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and have the ability to convey key financial issues to non-finance staff, with the ability to understand wider stakeholder needs and adapt services appropriately.