Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful Purchase Ledger will ensure that all financial information is gated, processed and accurately stored (both in soft and hard formats) whilst ensuring good communication with other finance/non finance teams and support the Financial controller where necessary.
Purchase Ledger responsibilities;
- Ensure all approved purchase invoices are collected and entered onto the group’s accounting system with the correct coding within the group’s SLAs
- Assist in the collation of information for new suppliers and ensure they are added to the accounts system in line with the monthly payment process
- Ensure purchase invoices are put forward for payment in line with the payment terms of the account
- Liaise with Project Finance Coordinators to ensure accurate collection and payment of project specific invoices on a timely basis
- Take control of all overheads related invoices
- Prepare and execute timely accounting software imports and reports as requested
- Process and administration of expenses including coding and allocation of VAT
- Assist the Financial Controller with short term cash planning including creation of a payment schedule based on purchase invoices awaiting payment
- Set up payments on ERP for approval based on payment terms of purchase invoices and other regular payments (Payroll, HMRC and expenses)
- Reconcile Company bank accounts on ERP and complete month end processes for each Company.
- Issue remittances & payment dates to suppliers
- Liaise with internal and external departments to resolve financial issues
Skills and Experience from Purchase Ledger;
- 2+ years in a Purchase Ledger / Finance Coordinator position or similar
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Good attention to detail
- AAT desired
In return, you’ll work for a close-knit, innovative company that is invested in your wellbeing and personal development. Committed to employee engagement, Comvergent empowers each staff member to achieve their goals.
In a happy and healthy office, you’ll work with a team of colleagues who take pride in their role and believe in cooperation and openness with each other.
Comvergent promote other benefits such as; breakfast mornings, employee fun days, weekly fresh fruit baskets, staff events and other innovative ideas brought forward by the Comvergent Committee.
We are also proud to support both national and local charities through a range of fundraising activities that we encourage staff get involved in.
Feel free to contact us for more information regarding the opportunity of Purchase Ledger.