Portfolio Manager - Business Finance - Reading
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore Bank set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we are an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen. Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
Portfolio Managers in Aldermore's Business Finance division help to deliver a wide range of SME funding solutions from small ticket to multi-million-pound transactions. Whether joining us in Asset Finance, Wholesale Finance, Invoice Finance, Specialist Finance or Commercial Real Estate, you'll be part of an expert team with the drive and ambitions essential to helping business grow.
Main purpose is to support the Head of Delivery (HoD) with Portfolio Delivery / Management, Resource Management, Formal Governance and Leadership
- Help HoD to develop a portfolio of change that delivers the business unit strategic plan
- Maintain a full view and overall control of the business units change portfolio, ensuring that all projects, risks, issues, business demand and delivery challenges are managed effectively
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects running in parallel, assessing the priority of the overall portfolio and escalating issues/concerns accordingly and ensuring that all projects are progressing according to timelines, targets and expectations
- Budget accountability for their area, current and future planning
- Act as an advisor to the senior leaders within the business by providing strategic direction based on thorough analyses of the problems/opportunities/challenges that impact their area's change portfolio
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a large and complex portfolio. Controlling project finances including estimation, costing and tracking estimates versus actuals.
Managing both direct reports and teams sourced from multiple departments.
The right person will have the ability to work independently, making decisions based on their portfolio. You will need the ability to influence stakeholders and guide them through decisions and assessments of requirements and delivery.
We are looking for someone who is tenacious, able to pursue stakeholders for deliverables, assess issues to conclusion; able to get the answers from resources that are already stretched and distracted.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer