Manchester + Travel
6 Months initial contract
To advise the delivery and management teams on best practice for Contract Management, particularly for NEC and FIDIC based construction contracts. To be responsible for Cost Assurance activities for appropriate Delivery Vehicles, to ensure all costs for assigned portfolio of projects are reviewed and robustly challenged against appropriate benchmarks and cost databases to ensure value for money is achieved and delivers outperformance against the RIIO agreement before, during and after Phase 4.4 of the NDP Process.
- Collate and report on costs for the assigned portfolio of projects, ensuring reviews and robust challenges of the Target and Actual costs submitted by the Contractors are carried out to deliver value for money.
- Ensure contract compliance, through effective contract management activities; support the Project Delivery teams in producing all necessary contract instructions and communications for the assigned project portfolio.
- Provide contract support, guidance and advice to the Project Delivery teams, to ensure compliance and contractor costs are robustly managed across the portfolio of projects.
- Attend construction sites regularly to review and monitor Contractor progress of the assigned portfolio of projects in order to verify their costs, compensation events and identify early warnings, via robust challenges. Assist and monitor appropriate risk mitigation methodologies.
- Provide detailed cost assurance reports for the assigned portfolio of projects, demonstrating delivery of or out performance of the RIIO cost allowances before, during and after Phase 4.4 of the NDP Process.
- Maintain accurate Contractor cost data records.
- Ensure cost review and risk reduction meetings are held with the Contractors and the Project Delivery teams for the portfolio of assigned projects, ensuring compliance with the contract terms and conditions and deliver the desired cost outcome to support the outperformance of RIIO.
- Support the annual reconciliation audits through completing pre-audit site visits for the agreed project portfolio, in addition to providing necessary and audit reconciliation activity to certify earned value and actual spend against the agreed projects in the portfolio.
- Ensure commercial and financial processes and procedures are adhered to during the delivery of the projects in the assigned portfolio.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Experience of engineering projects carried out under the FIDIC/NEC3 form of contract, preferably options A and C
- Experience in contract management in a Construction environment is preferable
- Commercial acumen and supply chain management skills
- Experience in managing and operating office management systems, including filing and document control systems - Ideally experience in using Primavera 6 and Primavera Contract Manager
- Ability to use and develop spreadsheets, cost analysis and programme evaluation
- Ability to analyse and evaluate compensation events and variations
- Knowledge of electricity transmission
- Ability to prepare reports and collate information