Credit Controller - Accounts Assistant
A role designed for a Credit Controller - Accounts Assistant keen to transfer in to accounts through working on projects with a scope to grow. A varied role that will be able to provide exposure in relation to accounts administration.
The client is a force within the Manufacturing and Production industry with sites located across the country and a presence on the larger European markets. They have a strong reputation amongst their customers for providing top quality products and are needing an Credit Controller - Accounts Assistant focused individual in order to recover outstanding debt and look at the current finance processes to ensure the proactive collection of debt and reduction of future invoicing issues. Located in Bedford, they are an easy commute for anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area.
The Credit Controller - Accounts Assistant will have responsibilities that include:
- To manage a portfolio of existing and new customers for the purpose of controlling, reducing and maintaining debt
- Production of Monthly reports and journals for authorisation
- Generating and Sending Invoices
- Exporting data from systems to Excel for data manipulation and Additional Data Analysis
- Achieve high volumes of daily credit control, documenting call activity - promised payments - instalments
- Log customer disputes, ensuring the level of detail is sufficient for analysing root cause issues
- Achieve high level collection results for nominated accounts reducing and then maintaining aged debt position
- To provide speedy solutions for document requests
- Releasing orders in line with credit policy and updating list daily for stream stakeholders
- Attend any meetings as required
The successful Credit Controller - Accounts Assistant will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a credit control and accounts environment - Essential
- Microsoft Office skills namely Excel (Vlookups / Pivot Tables) - Essential
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff at all levels of the organisation (essential) with excellent telephone manner
- To have negotiation skills in relation to credit control - Essential
- Institute of Credit Management member - Desirable
- A pro-active personality with an ability to take ownership of processes - Desirable
- AAT Qualification - Desirable
The opportunity to join a Manufacturing and Production giant in an interesting and varied role that allows for a transfer of skills. Free parking on site in an easily commutable location in Bedford.