Software Engineer - Reseach & Development
My client is looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer, based in their Milton Keynes office, to be part of one of their UK Scrum Teams. The successful applicant will design, develop, test, deliver and maintain solutions for our core fleet tracking business and other UK business functions.
The applicant will be comfortable in a full-stack Microsoft development environment including: an MVC .NET web application, a rich-client web-application built using Typescript and the Kendo framework; SOAP and Restful interfaces; a core C# server code-base and a MS SQL Server database. The successful candidate will support and develop for all aspects and layers of their systems.
As member of an Agile Scrum team, the successful candidate will take on tasks as necessary in coding, testing, requirements gathering, design, delivery and support of new and existing features and applications.
The successful candidate will also participate in Sprint Planning, Scrums, Reviews and Retrospectives. As part of an Agile team, activities may include demonstrating features to stakeholders; negotiating with the Product Owner, estimating User Stories etc.
* Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of high quality software.
* Full participation in and adherence to the Agile Scrum process.
* Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
* Use of processes for Lean Software Development, Problem Solving Process, Daily Management, Kaizens
* Collaborate and communicate effectively within the team and to business stakeholders
* Commit to product quality, particularly by means of code reviews, implementation of unit tests and QA test execution where required.
Bachelor's Degree in a scientific, numerate or IT discipline with ideally a master's degree or at least 3-4 years of relevant industry experience.
Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Confident, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate initiative and an ability to adapt to change.
A team player willing to promote high standards that enable the team to deliver excellence to the customer.
Proven skills in .NET Development.
Object-oriented programming skills in C#.
Frontend development including Typescript and CSS.
Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and data modelling processes.
Strong problem-solving skills - with the ability to carefully analyse and drive to root cause.
Experience of developing in an Agile process.
Experience of SOAP, Restful, XML, Json and Linq.