Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer
Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer - Darlington:
Our client is looking to recruit a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join it's Darlington team. It has a long and distinguished history in the construction of landmark structures around the world, particularly iconic bridges and buildings with international involvement in exciting and high profile projects in a range of industries.
Our client is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close knit environment. For graduate engineers who have not attained Chartered status we operate graduate training schemes which are approved by the ICE and by the IMechE.
The successful candidate will be part of a team involved in the conceptual and detailed design of construction engineering schemes, specialist equipment and temporary works.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will be supervised and mentored by our senior engineers in a friendly teamwork environment in the following;
- Conceptual and detailed design of construction methods and temporary structures, predominantly in steel to Eurocode standards.
- Static analysis of structures using structural analysis (FEA) computer programs (STAAD Pro and LUSAS)
- Preparation of detailed calculations using Microsoft Excel.
- Development of standard spreadsheet solutions suitable for use with Microsoft Excel as required.
- Preparation of sketches and drawings both by hand and use of Autodesk AutoCad and/or Inventor.
- Work closely with CAD team colleagues to produce 3-D models, GA and manufacturing drawings.
- Preparation of technical documentation including project design statements, designer's risk assessments and engineering method statements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BEng minimum or MEng Degree in Civil (structures option) or Structural engineering (Grade 2:1 or 1)
- Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems etc).
- Good problem solving, presentation and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Some experience in analysis and design of steel structures, including bolted and welded connections.
- Knowledge of design to Eurocodes, especially EC3.
- Some experience in design of temporary works, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.