Calling all PE Teachers!!
Timeplan Education are currently recruiting for a PE Teacher in Eastleigh starting immediately!
This school provides a pleasant environment for boys aged from 11-16 who have behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. As well as daily attendance, they also have a residential facility for a third of their pupils. This is an outstanding special school where pupils are encouraged to achieve academically as well as develop their personal skills. A clear behaviour management system involves carefully selected rewards, consequences and consistency of approach that recognises individual pupil circumstances. This is implemented with close partnership between staff and parents/carers. Clear and frequent two-way communication helps maximise the expectations, confidence and self-esteem of each pupil at the school. The school offers exciting off-site activities such as kayaking as an incentive for learning, and staff are well-supported in terms of their continual professional development. The school also has an excellent leadership team who have a commitment to raising achievement and pupil aspirations.
Located on the outskirts of Southampton, this school is easily accessible from Junction 12 of the M3 and can be reached by the local Southampton bus services.
We are looking for creative PE Teachers who can register with us immediately to work in the School. The role is to start in April
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Be a class tutor, ensuring needs are met and establish excellent relationships with students
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
- An excellent knowledge of the curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
- Most recent employment reference details
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role TimePlan will offer:
- Competitive daily rates of pay
- A supportive Consultant
If you feel you fit the requirements, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV or call and speak to a member of our team.
TimePlan Education is a committed equal opportunities employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.