Part Qualified Management Accountant
Part qualified Management Accountant. Full time perm role in West Cumbria.
Your new company
A large, multi-faceted engineering firm based in West Cumbria, which boasts a wealth of major blue-chip clients, is recruiting a Part Qualified Management Accountant.
Your new role
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director, you will have responsibility for financial and management reporting and financial controls, as well as oversight for transactional processes including sales and purchase ledger functions
Other key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Budgeting and preparing monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Accruals, prepayments, and month-end journals.
- Cash-flow forecasting.
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns.
- Provide commercial financial analysis and guidance.
- Keep abreast of changing regulations and ensure compliance is maintained in-line with controls and processes.
- Cost reporting, projections and analysis.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the Finance Director and the finance function as a whole, including identifying areas to improve efficiencies, and challenging processes to ensure best practice is adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a part-qualified or recently qualified Accountant, (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with proven experience of working at a similar level or perhaps an Assistant Accountant looking for the next steps in your career.
A strong communicator, you will be able to establish strong working relationships easily, challenging where necessary. With an eye for detail and accuracy, you will be able to meet tight deadlines, working under pressure.
You will have excellent IT skills, including Outlook and Excel. A working knowledge of Microsoft Navision ERP would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time permanent role, 36.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
A competitive salary dependent on experience and/or qualifications
Full study support package
35 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
Pension, Life assurance and private medical cover.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.