Calibration Technical Officer
Mission and Main Objectives
To give technical and organisational leadership to Calibration activity to ensure accurate and reliable data acquisition for test groups.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for technical area
- Lead long term strategic improvements
- Ensure required calibrated equipment is calibrated internally or through external calibration houses
- Write reports
- Training and development of staff
- Assist with facility management inclusive of maintenance, facility calibration, risk assessment and training.
- Liaise with test groups to ensure measurement set up provides accurate data acquisition
- Management of calibration database (Excel based) and advise on potential new systems
- Track spend of department and give clear financial reporting
- Support section management to maintain Health & Safety, improve efficiency, and capture knowledge
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
- Give advice and support on Calibration activity improvements
- Create reports and feedback data to Engineering/Supervisor groups
Background and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in testing associated with development and manufacture of vehicles.
- Test & Measurement experience
- Instrumentation experience
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical gauges
- Metrology expertise
- Understanding of ISO9001 / ISO17025
- Good inter-personal skills for co-ordinating activities with internal / external customers / suppliers Quality conscious with keen attention to detail
- Flexible to support periods of off-site working.
- Ability to provide a technical lead for the development of staff within the section.
Minimum Education Required
- Recognised Qualification or apprenticeship
- HNC or above preferable
Good Computer IT skills:
- Excel (Database management & producing graphs)
- Word (Report writing)
- PowerPoint (Presentations)