Demand S&F Analyst
Demand S&F Analyst
My client, a large global FMCG organisation based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire is looking for a Demand S&F Analyst. You must enjoy working in a multi-discipline team, have a positive and constructive approach to conflict and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. Driving forward the success of globally admired brands is a major deal for a £24billion company which produces iconic brands. They have an enviable reputation for quality people, for innovative brands and for keeping them right at the cutting edge. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within a highly renowned and unique business.
This role is an introductory co-pilot role, and a great platform for the job holder to develop co-piloting skills as well as having a large operational element to the role. This role should be considered pipeline fill for other B4 roles in S&F.
This role has 2 key focus areas:
1) Responsible for reporting & forecasting for Demand S&F.
2) Being the Co-Pilot for the Convenience sales channel, under the direction of the Demand S&F Director.
- To produce, the periodic NSV forecast, delivering a robust forecast, but also identifying errors/anomalies to be shared with the Demand S&F Director prior to distribution.
- To produce periodic sales dashboards and other reports as needed for the demand organisation decision support.
- Produce the periodic earnings forecast, taking inputs from different budget owners to consolidate the overall forecast.
- Own the running, distribution and maintenance of the UK Petcare DBP.
- Own the Demand S&F operational element of pricing- updating the necessary systems as the EPAPs come through.
- Be the co-pilot for the Convenience channel.
Co-Piloting this channel includes:
- Supporting the Customer Development Managers to make decisions consistent with business strategy and ensure a fit with the account profit targets. Work collaboratively to ensure adherence to budgets on a regular basis, under the guidance of the S&F Demand Director.
- Provide analysis and decision support for any ad-hoc activities which financially impact the account/channel.
- Helping the Demand business make choices consistent with the OGSM financial strategy and tracking the channel against the targets for the account and identify opportunities (e.g. mix) to achieve targets (e.g. GMAC). Ensure the CDM customer team own all elements of the P&L.
- Under direction from the market finance manager, build a road-map with clear accountability's/owners and drive implementation against this. Produce insightful analysis to explain customer financial performance with recommendations and drive actions towards the targets.
- Support the annual JBP planning process by completing financial analysis for CDMs.
Context and Scope.
As the Demand S&F Analyst, you will be key in providing regular and timely reporting to the Demand business as well as answering ad-hoc questions. The job holder will therefore need to have or develop excellent working knowledge of financial systems including HELIOS, SAP, Excel and Mercury along with the ability to get data from others including MPW.
Outside of the operational elements of this role (Reporting, forecasting & pricing updates), the job holder will also co-pilot our traditional channels with the support of the Demand S&F Director. Whilst supporting delivery at an NSV level, you will need to ensure that the financial shape of the accounts is upheld/ improved. An understanding of trade investment (TP%) and promotional ROI is needed and an ability to challenge the demand business on top-line driving opportunities that severely impact bottom-line profitability.
The job holder will have a large amount of pilots all who own small traditional accounts, making priority setting a key competency to have & develop.
Relevant knowledge of financial concepts.
Strong Excel skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy