My client, a large global FMCG organisation based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire is looking for Financial Accountant. You must enjoy working in a multi-discipline team, have a positive and constructive approach to conflict and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
Pay rate: £200 per day
Duration: 6 months
Hour: 37.5 per week
The job exists to ensure a correct closing of the period and make sure that all Mars reporting requirements are fulfilled. The Job owner is also the local key user for the client reporting tool and needs to deal with complex system challenges. Next to that, the Job owner is responsible for a periodic forecast and monitoring of the local OVH which includes a review with the relevant budget holders.
The role needs a high level of financial knowledge & system affinity together with high organisational agility - the ability to build relationships and influence across departments, upwards, downwards and remotely. In return you will have a varied, broad experience that spans across multiple business processes, locations and departments.
- Coordinate Period End process through various stakeholders with additional individual input (i.e. running assessment cycles, upload of atlas data to Helios and ensuring data reconciles, calc of D&D provision)
- Managing the data transfer from SAP to the Mars reporting system, ensuring high data quality, deep diving on areas where data looks like there could be an issue
- Prepare the management presentation from the system on a timely manner
- Periodic budget co-piloting with periodic reviews with management team, and quarterly reviews with non-management team budget holders
- Coordinate Plan and Replan Submission
- Project work such as changes to Atlas/Helios, build/improve new reports (customer p&ls)
- Owner of the market P&L file, pulling data and calculating prime costs from Transfer Price data base
- Coordinate with the Intercompany stakeholders that all ledgers are in balance
- Manage the segregation of duty process and make sure that Mars is not risk exposed
- Analysis of pension costs with Treasury, communicating variances where necessary
- Creating cost centres centrally and help other system changes
- Run local compliance controls
Context and Scope
This job has a very broad remit and has multiple stakeholders. The role holder needs to work across 2 sites (WAL and KLN) with the local teams, and is the first point of contact for the shared financial for global/European inter-company coordination. Whilst the job is not a line manager role, it is ultimately responsible for the in time and completed periodic closure. The role needs a good level of financial knowledge together with high organisational agility and system affinity - the ability to build relationships and influence across departments, upwards, downwards and remotely.
Experience of financial accounting in industry, or auditing.
Strong working knowledge of SAP and Helios/HFM
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy