Teaching Assistant / LSA
Role: Teaching Assistant
Location: Pilning BS35
Salary: £8.59 per hour - 9.67 per hour
Hours: Full-Time (Monday - Friday)
Dean Healthcare is one of the leading recruitment providers within the Health & Social Care sector throughout the region. We are recruiting experienced teaching assistant / LSA to work with an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
The Company provides residential accommodation and educational support for up to 52-week placements in a nurturing, caring children's home which is linked to its special school, The school and home supports children and young people aged 11-19 years old with communication and associated difficulties, typically as a result of autism or Asperger's Syndrome. These difficulties can impact on their emotional wellbeing and behaviour and create barriers to learning.
As teaching assistant, you will be supporting students not only with their education but also with their emotional needs and behavioural challenges. In school, you will carry out a range of duties, supporting all elements of learning from basic life skills through to academic achievement and personal development.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities to be able to deliver the care required:
- QCF Level 3 Diploma or equivalent for Children's Or Adults (or willingness to work towards)
- A robust, positive and creative approach in meeting the needs of children and young adults.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- High level of resilience and patience?
- Able to work Monday - Friday 0830-1630 term time.
In return for your passion and commitment the client offers desirable benefits package including:
- Paid annual leave
- Life assurance
- High street discounts
- Child care vouchers
- Pension Contribution
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Fantastic carer progression within the company
For further information interview please call Nicole on or email .