Financial Accountant (Financial Services) - Straight from public practice
Shawbrook is a growing UK specialist bank. Our approach to lending and savings is founded on the simple and good old-fashioned quality of good sense. What sets us apart is the deep relationships we develop with our customers and business partners. We take the time to get to know them; we learn more about their specific needs and this allows us to produce products going forward to help them to maximise their opportunities.
We are currently looking for a newly qualified Accountant/finalist to join our busy finance team. You would be working in an environment that fully encourages development, as well as offering a dynamic and forward thinking place of work.
- Month end tasks including accruals, deferred income and control account reconciliations. Reviewing reconciliations carried out by more junior staff
- Completing account reconciliations and making sure aged items are dealt with and provide reporting when required
- Reconciling loan books - property mortgages, working capital, residential and consumer lending
- Providing input in IFRS9 expected credit loss and EIR calculations and reviews
- Assisting with the treasury function, ensuring daily tasks are completed and monthly reporting completed
- Maintaining an oversight of the risk reporting requirements for Finance and ensuring completion of the relevant internal reporting
- ACCA/ACA finalist or newly qualified
- Knowlegde of IFRS
- Enthusiastic "cando" attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good accuracy & attention to detail