IT Infrastructure Engineer (Operations)
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our dynamic IT department supporting 7000 client machines, 300 servers, 1600 Cisco local area network devices and over 220 wide area network links.
Joining the IT Infrastructure Operations team, you will support the administration of a large server and network estate. The ideal candidate will be someone with relevant experience in supporting mission-critical, enterprise IT systems. Specifically, this should include at least three of the following areas:
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of a range of Microsoft platforms including Exchange Server, Active Directory, SharePoint, Lync and Windows Server operating system
- Strong knowledge of Storage Area Networks and backup systems
- Good understanding and experience of developing and maintaining IT disaster recovery plans and business continuity solutions
- Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of PowerShell automation.
- Competent in configuration and maintenance of Cisco network equipment, with the ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex LAN / WLAN / WAN issues
- Experience of implementing and managing servers in a clustered VMware or Hyper-V virtualised environments
- Comprehensive understanding of IT security covering network, server and application layers
- Experience of implementing and managing cloud based platforms and services such as Azure, AWS or Google
- Experience of Cisco Unified Communication VOIP platform
In addition to these skills the applicant must demonstrate ability to assimilate diverse and complex technologies. You will be a disciplined thinker capable of working under pressure in a high-output environment, possess a high degree of self-management and motivation to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines with competing demands.
You will be someone who has a passion to be deeply technical, fantastic energy, a strong positive approach and be looking for a challenging work place.
Sytner Group is the leading UK retailer of prestige vehicles, with 20 exhilarating brands spanning 140 UK dealerships. With continued business growth and having won the 'Sunday Times Best Company to Work For 2017’, this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the on-going success.
Related benefits are:
- 23 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Discounted car servicing and leasing schemes
- Paying market salary
- After a settling in period the candidate will be required to join a 1 week in 4 (currently), out-of-hours support rota, for which a fixed supplementary payment (currently £300) will be received