Our client is an expanding Top 20 accountancy practice with offices across the UK and internationally. They are an ambitious team, united in their mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers, delivering seamlessly integrated client services.
Through their network, they harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
Our client is now looking for an Audit Senior to join their team.
The Audit Senior will be the key member of the fieldwork team. They will be the first point of contact for the client during fieldwork and will be responsible for managing and assisting the audit team on-site. They will also be responsible for keeping the audit manager up to date on the status of the fieldwork.
As an Audit Senior, you will:
- Maintain and develop your technical ability by attending webinars and keeping abreast of technical development;
- Identify key audit risks based on the background knowledge thorough research, preliminary results and discussions with the client, and ensure appropriate work is done to address those;
- Review audit working papers of junior members of the team during fieldwork;
- Lead fieldwork teams on larger or higher risk audit clients;
- Prepare draft accounts and review disclosures in reference to the applicable checklist;
- Be the first point of contact for the client whilst on-site and ensure any remaining queries are dealt with promptly even after the fieldwork has ended;
- Identify any areas of weakness in the client’s system & controls and make reasonable recommendations for improvements;
- Keep the manager informed of any issues that arise with the client, i.e. copying them in to all emails;
- Discuss/agree any potential audit journals with the client during fieldwork;
- Raise any potential time overruns with the manager as they are identified;
- Be responsible for clearing review points and addressing any follow up queries until the date the audit report is signed.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
Location: Your principal work base is our client’s London Office. However, you will be required to spend time working at client premises and studying for your professional examinations.
- Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu)
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
- The ability to 'purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates
- Private dental cover at discounted rates
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Season ticket loan (for travel)
- Enhanced Paternity & Maternity
- Be approachable to members of the audit team;
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
- Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team;
- Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship;
- Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site;
- Present yourself in a professional manner to the client at all times, including being appropriately dressed and communicating in an appropriate manner.
- Be an integral member of the audit group by participating in group activities;
- Support less experienced members of the team as required.
To apply for the role of Audit Senior, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.