Technical Infrastructure Architect - End User Computing
We are now recruiting for a new Infrastructure Architect who will lead a community, encourage and craft End User Computing for TUI Group. You will enthuse and share your real passion for technology within our community and be an effective technology ambassador. Building an End User Computing competence that brings real value to our business, you will typically work on enterprise scale initiatives which bring together exciting technology products and introduce a richer colleague experience transforming our ways of working. The role will encompass the following activities:
What you will be doing
- You will develop and build Infrastructure Solutions for End User Computing ensuring that long-term design goals are set and achieved.
- You will ensure that all technical issues and risks are handled effectively.
- You will provide rapid and economical pre-evaluations and estimates for business ideas to assist in decision-making and planning.
- You will design prototypes for initiatives across all TUI Group platforms and support the implementation of the most appropriate technical solutions.
- You will build, lead and govern the use of End User Computing building blocks for use in Solution Architecture Design and supporting Solution Architects.
- You will discuss and agree a set of standards and solutions implemented by TUI’s technology partners.
- You will review and agree implementation level designs from partners, ensure design goals and NFR’s are achievable by the design before Implementation.
- Participating in the Architecture community you will bring End User Computing specialism for the technical direction of TUI’s colleague computing, analyse new technologies and propose investment where benefit can be gained.
- Your knowledge and experience of End User Computing solutions capable of delivering productivity tools for circa 10,000 colleagues and a diverse range of applications will be important.
- You will have a deep understanding of key technologies, unified communications, productivity tools, digitisation and mobility, delivering line of business tools on multiple device platforms.
- Your focus to build partnerships that support the exploration of technology change will expose business value, and you will be dedicated to making it happen.
- Using your skills to develop, teach and lead implementation teams and support them to exploit Industry trends and innovation in End User Computing.
- TUI Group has an exciting colleague computing landscape with retail, head office, remote workers, hotels, airlines and cruise ships, crafting an unrivaled environment on which to build new enterprise scale End User Computing platforms.
What we are looking for
- Strong Infrastructure Architecture experience specialising in End User Computing design.
- A broad knowledge of technologies and architectural approaches, methodologies and frameworks with a pragmatic approach to their application and governance.
- A good level of practical experience in building and implementing detailed technical architecture in a complex and changing landscape.
- A deep technical understanding and credibility in Microsoft and Apple software and tools, Mobile and Tablet platforms.
- Sound expertise in networking and client server communication concepts.
- Sound knowledge of End User Computing trends and potential disrupters.
- Validated experience of applying and implementing infrastructure strategy and continuous refinement.
- Experience in full life cycle design, development, management and implementation of colleague computing including operating systems, productivity tools, client software delivery, security controls, physical hardware, virtualisation, maintenance, and performance.
- A sound understanding of commercial needs and be able to demonstrate that services are cost effective
- Practical experience of translating complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within businesses.
- Experience of participation in a multi-discipline architecture governance forum as an authority in infrastructure.
- Experience of creating meaningful ideas and assumptions related to Infrastructure Architecture.
- Experience of working with in-house and third party technical design teams to ensure appropriate solutions are designed and implemented.
- Sufficient gravitas to engage partners at all levels of the business and IT.
- Superb communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- The ability to collaborate and work with business partners.
- Understanding in Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies, understanding in ITIL practices for operations.
Working within TUI group
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
How to apply
Please upload a CV and click submit to apply for this vacancy.