Principal Consultant - Utilities
Vetasi are urgently seeking an individual to fulfil a specific role on a forthcoming project. The role is a full time permanent position within the Vetasi team based in the UK. The details of the position and experience required by the applicant are summarised below:
The project is a Maximo implementation for a client in the Electrical Distribution vertical. The version of Maximo being installed will be Maximo 7.6 and will include the T&D Industry solution.
The role will be to take on the Solution Architect role for the project - the responsibilities will be as follows:
- Working with the current sales team to understand the proposition and vision for the solution to be delivered to the client
- Acting as the liaison point between the project team and initially the sales team to vocalise the proposed solution to the project team. Moving forward the focus will change to become the focal point of communication between the client and the project team
- Taking full ownership of the solution design and ensuring that the project team has a clear understanding of the requirements and contractual commitments
- Preparing for the workshop stages of the project by collating a set of best practice business processes for the client’s industry based on utilisation of the functionality available in Maximo as well as the T&D Industry solution.
- Ensuring that as we move from the Initiation into the Design phase of the project that where at all possible the approach taken is to minimise the configuration and specifically customisation applied to the solution in order to protect the supportability of the solution moving forward
- Working closely with the Vetasi Project and Engagement Manager to ensure that the project is delivered on time and to a high quality of build.
- Acting as the single point of contact for guidance on the Business Requirements for the project and assisting the project team in keeping within the agreed scope of work for the project.
The required attributes for the applicant will be as follows:
- Experience of working in a similar position on one or more projects in the Electrical Distribution Industry vertical - this experience may have been gained either working client side or as part of an implementation team.
- Detailed knowledge of the functional capability of both Maximo and the T&D Industry solution
- Experience of performing a role on a Maximo implementation as the Solution Architect
- Experience of working in a client facing role on a large scale Maximo implementation
- Previous experience of planning and running workshops with the client - typical activities would include:
- Developing high level process flow diagrams based on standard Maximo / T&D functionality
- Analysis of the Business Requirements in order to categorise them against the workshop sessions
- Creating workshop agendas including assigning the process diagrams and business requirements
- Identifying the required business attendees for the sessions and the topics to be covered
- Working with the project team following the workshops to ensure that a 'joined up’ solution has been created and that unnecessary configuration or customisation has been avoided.
Closing Date for applications 10th May
Salary dependent upon experience