Senior IT Support Specialist / Warrington / Manufacturing SME
A new and exciting role has opened up for a reputable company based in Warrington. As a senior member of the IT Support Team, you will be responsible for end user application & hardware support including PC workstations, printers/drivers, basic network & wireless troubleshooting, RF scanner support, server support and resolution of level III trouble tickets, while operating in a 24x7 office and manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing SME business based in Warrington.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work in an ITIL-compliant Change Management environment, maintaining both personal and team SLA compliance.
- Lead in a project environment. Locally & globally.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to employees.
- Work primarily with technology assets including: single-user & networked desktop & laptop clients; network printers; network servers; switches & cabling; process control clients; small databases; smart phones and other technology assets.
- Develop and maintain credible and effective working relationships.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for the PC environment.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Participate in technology field trials. Will often include direct involvement with suppliers and vendors.
- Configure, document, and train in complex, third-party, networked, and site-specific applications.
- Act as primary contact for critical niche apps that are required to operate the business.
- Conduct training programs designed to educate Field Services.
- Create knowledge articles to support help desk.
- Attend all scheduled safety, business and production meetings for supported site.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of experience supporting end users, computers, software, networks and printers; strong IT/Help Desk/Networking skills; Technical Certification or a bachelor's degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience working with SCCM, DNS, Windows 7 & 10, Active Directory, Office 365, Bitlocker and TCP/IP.
- Advanced experience configuring and troubleshooting personal computers including all aspects of hardware and software support in a multi-operating system environment is a must.
- Highly skilled in the ability to analyse and resolve hardware and software problems that require in-depth troubleshooting skills to determine root cause.
- Ability to remove and replace defective internal computer and electronic parts to implement resolution for equipment failure.
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing environment is preferred. Exposure to plant floor systems used to support manufacturing processes also desirable.
- Must be able to work and function with high availability while providing 24x7 on-call coverage and respond on-site within thirty minutes.
- Travel may be required up to 25%.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Lead teams, activities and projects.
Competitve rate of pay and benefits on offer.