Working on behalf of an exceptional firm of Accountants and Financial Advisers, we are seeking a Paraplanner to join the head office team in Taunton
Our client, founded in 1988, are one of the UK’s top 100 accountancy firms with true core values, are able to offer a wide range of specialisms including Aerospace, Business Start Up, Legal Corporate & Listed Companies, Property & Construction, International Trade and FCA Regulated Business. The company are also FCA Regulated and have a highly qualified team of award-winning Financial Adviser’s to individuals and businesses.
As Paraplanner, you will be reporting to the Office Manager/Supervisor, responsible for completing a number of non-client facing tasks involved in preparing and administrating a Financial Plan and/or Report for clients.
Responsibilities of the Paraplanner will include, but not be limited to:
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
- To prepare and maintain client files
o Once in receipt of a completed 'factfind’, collate all the relevant quantitative detailed information required to compile a financial services report.
o Check all paperwork / information is available to ensure that the client file meets the FCA’s rules and requirements.
o Review current investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc.
o Discuss the client’s needs and objectives with the relevant adviser.
- To prepare recommendations
o Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
o Prepare information for analysis by the adviser.
o If applicable, liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers.
o Prepare draft recommendation report.
o Discuss draft recommendation report with the relevant adviser.
o Obtain 'sign-off’ by the relevant adviser.
- To implement recommendations
o Prepare suitability reports in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
o Complete application / proposal forms.
o Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
- If relevant, act on any changes made by the client.
- Implement the chosen / agreed investment strategies.
Skills and knowledge required to be considered for the role of Paraplanner
- Excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s rules and requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector.
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, or working towards.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
All applications received will be dealt with in the strictest confidence
Due to the volume of applications received we will be in touch if your application has been successful within 7 working days. If you have not received any communication within this time, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but the information may be retained in connection with future opportunities.