Technical Support Analyst - 24/7 1st line support - CCNA
Technical Support Analyst 24/7 - 1st line support, to 23k + 15% shift allowance
Our Client is a leading managed service provider with a rich end-to-end solution portfolio covering the spectrum of Connectivity, Cloud and Collaboration, designed and delivered by our own highly skilled teams from our privately owned, UK based multi-million pound infrastructure. A truly great opportunity for a good 1st line suport engineer to carve out a great career with a leading MSP and gain lots of networking and IT support knowledge with this leading company where you can make an excellent career and progress up the ranks with a great team and great company with a leading ISP
With the IT landscape in constant evolution, Our Client is built around today's modern IT challenges offering application, collaboration, infrastructure, network and IT security services. Learn more about what we do on our website www.our Clientplc.com
AIM OF THE ROLE:
Our Client are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst to join our 2nd Line Technical Support team based in Harrogate. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a good all round technical understanding along with the enthusiasm for learning.
The Technical Support Team are responsible for logging and resolving all customer phone calls and emails out of hours. During office hours this task will be under taken by the Service Desk.
The Technical Support Analyst will be required to keep the Customer aware of the status of the call as it progresses and contact the Customer to ensure they are happy for the call to be closed once it has been resolved.
Key responsibilities in this are Technical Support, Supplier Management, Monitoring and Customer Communication. Duties will include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Working as part of a large team of technical engineers, liaising with colleagues from all areas of the business to provide high quality technical support to our customer base.
- Monitoring and managing faults through to resolution on a range of technologies including (but not limited to):
- Broadband technologies - ADSL / FTTC
- Cisco Networking - Routers / Switches / Firewalls
- Wireless technologies - Aruba / Meraki / 3G
- VoIP telephony solutions - Polycom / Cisco
- Device / Environmental monitoring platforms
- Virtualisation and Storage technologies
- Application and Server technologies - AD / Exchange / Citrix
- Data Centre environments
- Adherence to Our Client Solutions Limited ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards: - Compliance with Our Client's policies and procedures - Handling and protection of Our Client information - Reporting of security events - Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results.
To be considered for this role you must have completed or be able to demonstrate understanding of any of the following certifications:
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft MCITP / MCSE
- VMware VCA / VCP
- TIL Foundation (awareness essential)
HOURS OF WORK
The Company's standard hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 for lunch. However, due to the nature of the role, you will be working a shift rotation pattern accordingly: Day shift X 2 (7.00 am to 7.00 pm), Night shift X 2 (7.00 pm to 7.00 am) and a subsequent 4 day rest period.