Location commutable from
Ilford, Romford, Barking , Epping, Dagenham, Bentwood, Basildon
As the successful Assistant accountant, you would have obtained or be studying within ACCA, CIMA, AAT (or equivalent). You will be used to completing reconciliations, accruals, maintaining complex revenue spreadsheets in Excel and maintaining a fixed asset tracker.
You will have very good attention to detail and be confident in reporting information to senior members of staff.
The Assistant accountant will also have practical experience using large financial ERP’s such as SAGE which is the preferred system or a similar package. Due to the reporting that needs to be generated it is required that you are proficient with the use of Excel from pivot table v/h look up and detailed formulas.
It would be beneficial for you as the Assistant accountant to understand manufacturing environments however other industry experience would be considered.
Reporting into the Finance Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial accounts - e.g. balance sheet reconciliations and accruals
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Assisting Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable with accurate billing and resolving aged debt
- Any other duties as required within the Finance Department
- Accurate and timely client billing and recognition of revenue in line with contractual terms, ensuring compliance with the company revenue recognition policies
- Accurate and timely billing of all third party costs, working closely with AP team to ensure costs are allocated correctly and subsequently billed onto clients.
- Assist in resolving Aged debt issues liaising between client and project management ensuring a clean AR position.
- Assisting with submitting invoices to clients in required formats.
- Assist in annual audit - preparation of reconciliations, liaising with auditors and justification of balance sheet at year end.
- Preparation of Financial Reporting, to provide accurate monthly / yearly financial reports to present to Management. Including analysis of revenue v costs to ensure a good contribution margin.
- Assisting AP department in making payments to suppliers and ensuring all outstanding bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Forecasting of cash flow trends to ensure bank does not run into deficit.
- Undertake ad-hoc work as required and respond effectively to any queries arising.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified or part qualified in ACCA, CIMA, AAT or relevant accounting qualification
- Competent with the use of Excel - v/h look up level, detailed formulas
In return you will be a part of a successful Dry Bulk Ports and Logistics company with a fantastic culture and ethical background, who strives to develop their staff for the benefit of both employee and company.