Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager, Software Development Manager, Senior Strategist, London
Software Development Manager required to work for an exciting, fast growing technology business based in the City of London. We need an individual who is more of a strategist and leader who is no longer hands on but knows enough about software development / engineering to run a successful team. You will lead talented and creative engineers who build products and systems you are proud of. You will push for exceptionally high-quality work and empower our engineers to make a big impact.
You will have responsibility for one or more teams of between 3 and 6 Software Engineers and you will work closely with commercial and operational stakeholders. This role would suit someone with previous team leading experience, or a technical leader who wants people management responsibility.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Meet Team delivery objectives with innovative, supportable and compliant solutions
- Hire and develop a great team whilst maintaining a supportive and engaging environment
- Hold a high-quality bar on technical design to ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- Deliver project work while managing the expectations of your stakeholders
- Establish a clear target architecture supported by a well-managed technology evolution strategy
- Improve our hiring and on-boarding processes
- Define group objectives and key results
- Enhance our overall technical roadmap
- A fast learner who enjoys leading and collaborating with others
- A technology champion who wants to stay somewhat hands-on
- Passionate about building motivated, highly performing team
- Experienced in building applications for the web and the underlying technologies across the stack
- Committed to building reliable, well-tested systems
- Enthusiastic about working in a strong culture of testing and code review
- Previous experience hiring, managing and/or mentoring software development engineers
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.