- Salary and benefits: Up to £30,00 plus benefits
- Hours: 37.5 a week
Overview of the role
Our team at head office are seeking a dynamic and experienced Assistant Accountant to join our expanding head office team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience with management accounts and payroll. You will be part of an ambitious and growing Early Years Childcare business and will be responsible for supporting the HR and Finance team. In addition to assisting with the month end close, you will also look after the full payroll cycle, and therefore must have exceptionally good attention to detail.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing monthly payrolls
- Good excel skills - pivot tables
- Good payroll knowledge to answer any queries from employees
- Dealing with employee documentation - payslips, P60’s, P11’s and P45’s
- Following up daily input with the payroll in accordance with the procedure
- Assist with monthly management accounts.
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain monthly schedules and analysis.
- Working to deadlines and working in a high-volume accounts department
Qualifications and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience within a payroll department
- Experience with a payroll system ideally a similar system to ADP
- Start to finish payroll experience
- Experience with an accounting system ideally Sage.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working on month end close.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment