Tech Support Analyst
Are you an experienced IT Support Analyst, or a Helpdesk Analyst looking for their next step?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tech Support Analyst to come and join our fantastic technology team.
As part of the Technology Operations Team, you will be at the forefront of the Haymarket Media Group. Reporting to the Technology Services Manager, you will be responsible for resolution of incidents & requests across all UK sites ensuring a high quality of service and support, for both Windows and Mac user base of approximately 1,000 staff.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
And Technology is transforming at Haymarket - having supported multiple brands over many years, a programme of change to simplify and extend the platforms that underpin the various brands has started, with everyone in technology contributing to that change.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible start and finish times
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Lifestyle benefits scheme such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, retailers, cinema, holidays and much more
As a Tech Support Analyst you will ideally have strong PC experience and be willing to learn about Apple Mac’s
- Use of configuration management tools for imaging computers and push installation of new application packages.
- Strong technical background with an excellent knowledge of technology including; Hardware, Windows 7 and 10, and Microsoft Office.
- Be willing to learn or have basic knowledge about Mac OS Environment. Google's G Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as iOS mobile devices.
- Demonstrable experience of Internet browser configuration including; Chrome, Safari,Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
- Knowledge of Follow Me print technologies would be an advantage.
- Use of service management tools for managing incidents and requests -- experience of Zendesk would be an advantage.
- Experience of providing support using remote control applications using iVanti (LANDesk) and Apple Remote Desktop would be an advantage.
- Understanding the concepts of wireless and wired networking
- Supporting IP phone systems including soft phones
- Experience and understanding of Adobe desktop publishing applications.
- ITIL service management foundation, or better, and appropriate practical experience.
- Experience working in a support environment.
- A high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
- Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels - leadership, peers, colleagues and suppliers
- Holder of a UK driving licence will be advantageous, due to office locations outside of our HQ in Twickenham.