Environmental Technician / Graduate Environmental Consultant
We are a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy to looking to appoint an Environmental Technician and/or Graduate Environmental Consultant who can join our growing environmental team.
The role will principally be supporting the Land Team on site investigations and providing assistance on other environmental projects. This work will be for various types of projects including residential, commercial and mixed-use development sites. Much of the work will involve site based work, working outside in all weather, working with sub-contractors and working face to face with clients.
We are looking for candidates who want to be an integral part of the progress of a dynamic growing company. In order to join our team at any level you will need to possess our core values, be self-propelled, committed to our way of working and inspired to learn.
The level of responsibility and expectations technically, commercially and personally will advance according to the level experience. A general summary is given below.
- Collaborate and support colleagues and team members on projects, tasks and site work.
- Site Investigations - manage the preparation of a site investigation, co-ordinating investigations including logging and soil sampling (training provided), environmental monitoring including gas monitoring and recovery of groundwater and surface water samples, risks assessments and preparation of report chapters and supporting information (e.g. logs, figures etc).
- Remediation -supervision of hotspot removal and other remedial works, validation sampling and environmental monitoring.
- In charge and responsible for company stores and equipment including checking field equipment and ensuring they are being used and calibrated in line with the manufactures guidelines.
- Responsible for regular equipment stock checks and making sure monitoring supplies, sample containers, PPE etc is available for site investigations and site visits to ensure smooth operational process.
- Contribute to the technical delivery of projects, providing support and guidance to other teams and disciplines.
- Take a proactive approach to managing client relationships, clarifying expectations, success criteria and outcome measures in order to meet their requirements and deliver successful projects.
- Full UK driving license
- Good record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Drive and energy to undertake field work and work outside in weathers
- Prepared to work in a variety of different environments with a variety of people
- A flexible and dynamic approach for working in a growing team
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking work in environmental consulting. Lustre Consulting has been established for 10 years and rapidly expanding, and successful candidates will be joining us at an exciting time. Our approach means that employees have the opportunity to influence the growth and success of the company, with the potential to benefit from our constant drive for continued improvements and development.
Lustre Consulting is an equal opportunities employer whom encourages and supports Continued Professional Development. We support all employees in gaining membership and/or chartership of their relevant professional institute and provide suitable training opportunities to do so. We pride ourselves on providing a professional and personable approach to Environmental Consultancy and recognise that this is largely due to ensuring we have a suitably trained, friendly and satisfied team.