SEMH, Autism and Challenging Behaviour Teaching Assistants- Northampton
GSL Education are currently working with a fantastic SEN School in Northampton.
The school caters for children and young people with SEMH, Autism and Challenging Behaviour.
Roles for HLTAs and Teaching Assistants available.
All roles are FULL-TIME TEMP - PERMANENT.
Roles from Easter and September Available!
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the class teacher with planning , monitoring and delivering creative lessons
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Providing 1:1 and small group Maths, English, Science and behaviour interventions.
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centred approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
· A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
· Clear communication skills
· A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
· Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
· Ideally Team Teach trained.
Experienced TAs/LSAs, support workers, security/ children's secure provision practitioners , ex prison service officers, as well as sports coaches will be considered for this role.
The school are looking to trial candidates immediately.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Jeshma, as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.