Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Environmental Health and Safety Advisor
- Provide advice and guidance on Environmental Health and Safety matters within their sphere of knowledge and refer requests for assistance to senior personnel within the department where necessary.
- Investigate accidents, conduct root cause analysis, reporting accidents when required (RIDDOR) and maintaining all accident records.
- Work in conjunction with Department Managers to assist in the compilation of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, policy writing, training and Behaviour-Based Safety programmes.
- Develop and deliver health and safety training to encourage safe working practices.
- Conduct and report on EHS MS Audits and inspections to ensure site compliance with Safety and Environmental processes, procedures legal compliance register
- Undertake monthly reporting on Key EHS metrics as required at both site and corporate levels.
- Assist in the specification / selection of the onsite work wear, footwear and PPE contract, control and administration of the onsite fire team and fire marshals, devise a programme of fire evacuation drills across the site and carry out the programme, coordination of Fire Risk Assessments ensuring controls are in place to meet legal requirements.
- Ensure effective management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste collections from site is in place to meet corporate and legal requirements.
- Maintains an awareness of new and existing relevant laws, rules and regulations, and takes actions appropriate to ensure timely compliance and communication to appropriate departments.
- Coordinate SOMA / OCC Health partnership initiatives as required.
- Provide technical guidance and support for the implementation and maintenance of the ISO 14001 program.
- Provide COSHH advice and maintenance of the COSHH management system
To succeed in the role, you need to have the following skills:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to adjust communication style based on the situation and the audience.
- Good technical and written communication skills to ensure legal compliance regarding policies, procedures, training programmes and EHS Management systems.
- Handling high volume of correspondence internal and external with a technical content.
- Ability to work independently with oversight. Ability to implement tested concepts is required..
- Strong analytical skills, accident investigation, risk analysis - cause - effect, statistical analysis.
- Self-management and motivation.
- Good PC skills to manipulate and present data.
- Knowledge and experience with UK Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and behaviour-based safety programs.
- Understanding of COSHH
- 3 – 5 years experience in environmental health & safety in a manufacturing operation
- University Degree
- NEBOSH certification
- Proficient in English