Finance Manager - Central Derby
Finance Manager – Central Derby
SF Recruitment are currently working alongside a well established independent IT Service provider who are looking for a Finance Manager due to substantial forecast growth. The role is based in Central Derby and reports directly into the Finance Director. The role requires an experienced and hands on qualified accountant who is happy to support all areas of the function as required. Although the role does not include responsibility for any of the companies P&L’s or balance sheets or the reporting of, it is vital in ensuring the accounting function is fully supported by the department and all departments across the wider business. The successful candidate will deliver within established and structured timetables and deadlines whilst ensuring the required quality standards are adhered to. The role will involve working closely with the senior management team across the business to assist them in meeting objectives.
The main responsibilities of the role are, but not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of operational budgets and forecasts and monitor sales and expenditure throughout the year.
- Oversea full account production including month and year end.
- Ensure project expenditure is closely budgeted, monitored and controlled
- Implement and develop internal financial quality and management systems
- Project manage change and new implementations
- Manage internal project expense planning
- Develop and manage the sales ledger and credit control team
- Develop and manage the purchase ledger and accounts payable team
- Oversee staff development process and operate an appraisal system
- Attend and contribute to regular senior management meetings
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who has an appetite to progress their career within a fast paced and ever-changing business. You will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience required for the role:
- Ideally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT).
- Strong IT systems and financial modelling skills.
- Experience of presenting financial and management information to non financial and operational management.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, including the ability to work closely and communicate clearly with both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Previous experience of Navision is extremely desirable and advantageous but not essential.
- Prior management experience within a finance function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self starter, driven, enthusiastic, self motivated, personable and ability to influence others.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, then please apply now for immediate consideration.