Bright Horizons Day Nurseries, awarded "Great Place to Work" for 13 years are currently recruiting for Nursery Assistants to join our Long Road Day Nursery in Cambridge.
This will be a part time Nursery Assistant position working 1pm-6pm during the week.
As a Nursery Assistant working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Nursery Assistant will include;
- Being a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families according to the EYFS
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Create the right environment to offer a unique experience for our parents and children
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- Meeting the individual dietary, health, comfort, and care needs of each individual child
- Have a child centred approach, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests.
- Maintain accurate and effective children's records and completion of progress checks
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions including all mandatory training for continuous Professional Development
- Support and promote diversity and equality
- Demonstrate our HEART principles in everyday working life
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
- Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team.
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc.).
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development.
- Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
You may have experience of the following: Creche Worker, Relief Staff, Nursery Bank Staff, Early Years Assistant, Trainee Nursery Nurse.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.