Learning Support Assistant
Job Title: Learning Support Worker
Location: Somerset (Taunton)
Pay rate: £10.30p/h- 11.00p/h
Hours: 37 hours Monday to Friday (0830-1630) or 30 hours (Monday to Thursday) 08:30-16:30
Duration: 23rd April 2019-10th June 2019
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant looking for work?
If so, read on…
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great College in the Somerset area who will be recruiting for a high demand of experienced Learning Support Workers.
The successful candidate will be vibrant, passionate and determined to have a positive impact on the learner’s success. This role would be ideal for graduates or those that need extra income.
We believe in the ability of each of our students to fulfill their potential and become the best they can be. We do this by offering a broad and diverse range of subject and qualifications to suit the needs and learning styles of all our students.
The courses combine real-world experience with academic rigour and fantastic employability. By studying with us, you’ll be given all the support you need to go in whichever direction you choose. Our tutors meet with students regularly to offer encouragement and guidance and, if needed, extra support.
The roles and responsibilities for the position include:
-You will be supporting students with epilepsy
-You may be supporting student with personal care
-You will be supporting High Needs Learners
-You will be supporting students with ADHD
- You will be working with students aged 16+
What the ideal candidate will need
- Minimum level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Experience supporting student up to Level 3 in a Further Education setting.
- Good classroom management
- Able to motivate learners to learn
- Clear enhanced DBS or willing complete one
- Experience supporting learners on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.