Flood Risk Consultant
We are a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy to looking to appoint Flood Risk consultants who can join our growing environmental team.
Your role will be principally in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessments for various types of projects including residential, commercial and mixed-use development. You will be working on diverse flood risk management and development projects that deliver sustainable benefits to communities and the environment through a wide range of mainly private sector clients. There will also be an expectation to take on commercial and business development activities as well as contributing to the development of our growing team.
We are looking for candidates who want to be an integral part of the progress of a dynamic growing company. In order to join our team at any level you will need to possess our core values, be self-propelled, committed to our way of working and inspired to learn.
The level of responsibility and expectations technically, commercially and personally will advance according to the level of consulting grade. A general summary is given below starting at Consultant level.
- Undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Flood Mitigation Design
- Undertake technical work including:
- hydrological / hydraulic modelling;
- quality assurance of technical work;
- identification, design and appraisal of flood risk management options;
- river engineering design; and
- report writing
- Undertake drainage design (level of expertise dependent on experience)
- Contribute to the technical delivery of projects, providing support and guidance to other teams and disciplines.
- As you will be collaborating with other related teams and disciplines such as land quality, an understanding and experience of working with other consulting disciplines would be advantageous.
- Take a proactive approach to managing client relationships, clarifying expectations, success criteria and outcome measures in order to meet their requirements and deliver successful projects.
The level of mastery and experience for a candidate will be used to determine the consultant grade and level of expectation.
- A relevant BSc and/or MSc in environmental/earth sciences or civil engineering
- Proven background in the flood risk and water management industry
- Experience in Project Management
- Strong experience with hydraulic modelling software
- Experience in UK hydrology methodologies (including FEH, ReFH) and experience of their application in rural and urban catchments
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent report writing skills
- Chartered or working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution (i.e. CIWEM)
- A flexible and dynamic approach and for working in a growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the flood risk sector. Lustre Consulting has been established for 10 years and rapidly expanding, and successful candidates will be joining us at an exciting time. Our employees have the opportunity to influence the growth and success of the company, with the potential to benefit from our continued development.
Lustre Consulting is an equal opportunities employer whom encourages and supports Continued Professional Development. We support all employees in gaining chartership of their relevant professional institute and provide suitable training opportunities to do so. We pride ourselves on providing a professional and personable approach to Environmental Consultancy and recognise that this is largely due to ensuring we have a suitably trained, friendly and satisfied team.