Commercial Finance Analyst
At CEVA we believe that logistics is a people business, and our people are passionate and committed. They fully understand supply chain excellence and live and breathe it every day. There are over 42,000 of us around the world, we are collaborative and enthusiastic about our work and the value we deliver to our customers.
We are a full service transportation and logistics company with freight management and contract logistics operations spanning 1,000 locations in 160 countries. Many of the world’s best-known brands count on CEVA to serve their markets - so why wouldn’t you join our team?!
It’s an exciting time at Ceva and even more so within our UK, Ireland and Nordics cluster. With a new MD at the helm our teams are focussed on delivering a new level of supply chain and freight management expertise.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented and driven Commercial Finance Analyst to join our Freight Management team based in Ashby.
Reporting into the Head of Business Control for Freight Management and working in partnership with the Director of Air Freight, you will own and drive exemplary financial performance for our Air Freight operation, supporting the operational leadership team through the effective analysis of volume and trends to guide decisions, improve profitability and add value to the bottom line.
- To assist the timely and accurate flow of data through the back office functions in order to maximise monthly revenue and minimise balance sheet risk.
- Support the forecast and budget process for the Air UK numbers to ensure a timely and accurate submission and a quality presentation.
- To provide meaningful weekly/monthly Air reporting at a UK level and the detail behind the numbers. To assist the UK Director of Air to analyse the trends by customers, modes, trade lanes and volumes.
- To identify revenue opportunities and help to drive the financial benefit to maximise revenues.
- To identify cost saving opportunities and work with the Air Director to help to drive the financial benefit to maximise the Gross Margins.
- To assist with driving loss making files/ low margin files to profits/high margins. To dig into the reasons and support the Air Director with turnaround.
- To undertake adhoc projects on behalf of the Air Director, FM UK MD, FM UK Business controller or FM UKIN Finance Director.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with a business partner mind set who will proactively build relationships with the operational leadership teams and has the courage to influence and challenge decisions and financial performance. You will be a qualified commercial accountant / analyst who can demonstrate gravitas and sway to both internal and external audiences. Ideally, you will have a background gained in a logistics environment or similar and will be used to working at a pace with the ability to articulate complex financial data in a clear, succinct way to non-finance stakeholders.