Product Manager - Labels EMEAR
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson are seeking to recruit an engaging Product Manager with a good mix of technical and marketing knowledge to support our Label business unit. Reporting into the Manager, Product Management, the successful candidate will own the product life-cycle using a segmented approach to build a comprehensive knowledge of the market place and customer values for both existing and future products; working closely with our head office in Japan (Seiko Epson Corporation SEC), Sales, pre-sales and in country business managers in order to drive future product planning to grow the business.
This role is based out of our Sales and Marketing Offices in Hemel Hempstead, Herts with regular travel across Europe and occasional travel to Japan.
- Undertake technical evaluations of Epson and competitor products presenting your findings back to the business including: current status in the market, technical strengths of our products, our market share, future trends of the industry
- Manage the full end-to-end lifecycle of our Label Product offerings including: the creation and maintenance of product literature, website content, pricing, USPs, stock management and customer value propositions; whilst keeping abreast of our key competitor's offerings.
Market / Customer
- Working with internal stakeholders and customers as required and technical knowledge assist in future product development with commercial acumen.
- Assist the Manager, Product Management to propose future business plans around volume, revenue and profit
- In conjunction with SEC, from the product's differentiation identify the Customer Value (benefits) of the product to be launched
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Applications are welcomed from: Product Managers, Technical Product Managers, Pre-Sales Specialists, Business Managers and Technical Sales Engineers
- Both technically astute and highly numerical, with good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, with the ability to present and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders
- Analytic and questioning manner with the ability to make sense of data
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, SAP or another ERP system experience would be advantageous
- Experience of working with different nationalities, speaking more than one European language will be valued
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our sales and marketing at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, which also has onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.