Early Years Teaching Assistant
Job Title: Early Years Teaching Assistant Independent Pre-Prep School
Location: Swiss Cottage
Actual Salary: Circa £18,500-£21,420 (depending on experience)
Start Date: Immediate
Hours:08.00 - 16.00 (32 weeks per year)
· To carry out your professional duties as specified in your contract. In accordance with these terms & conditions you are responsible to the Headteacher
· To support the educational aims and ethos of the School.
· To hold a minimum of a Level 3 in Childcare
· To be involved in social events relating to the School as a whole.
· To be a positive role model for children and staff at the school.
· To work such hours as shall be deemed reasonable and necessary to discharge the duties of the Teaching Assistant efficiently and conscientiously.
· To be willing to perform any duties as reasonably directed.
· To safeguard the well-being of children throughout the school.
· To establish effective working relationships with pupils, parents, guardians and other members of staff within the school community
· Ensuring high standards of discipline throughout the school
· To be willing to perform any duties as reasonably directed, this may take the form of preparing work, admin, display, clearing and tidying etc. This will also include working with individuals or small groups on guided tasks.
· Complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, welfare, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the appropriate person
· To administer appropriate first aid and complete associated paperwork
· To attend staff meetings, occasional Saturday or evening activities and INSET Days as required.
· To provide cover for absent colleagues
· To attend Teaching Assistant meetings
· To assess, record and report on children’s development and progress as agreed with the class teacher, including compiling Learning Journey Journals in the EYFS, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the class teacher
· To escort and supervise children on educational and out of school activities
· To prepare resources for lessons and present displays
· To communicate regularly with form teachers and the Headteacher
· All staff will need to hold the appropriate qualifications and will be subject to a current DBS Check