Are you an experienced Systems Accountant looking for a fresh opportunity in Leicester?
Our client is one of the UK's leading, national financial planning practices with a large employee benefits arm of the business. They are a rapidly growing, forward-thinking team of people who have passion for what they do.
In your new role as a Systems Accountant you will be reporting to the Finance Director and be responsible for developing a detailed understanding of the group's accounting systems and processes as needed to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
This is a key role within the group as you will be responsible for proposing, recommending and in some cases implementing solutions that could impact on systems used by all departments across the group. Reviewing and updating the group's systems to ensure they are fit for purpose is a key objective within the finance and board strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with excellent communication skills and a detailed understanding of systems and processes who wants to progress into a Finance Manager (operations) in the next 12 to 18 months.
- Investigate systems and processes in line with the group and finance strategy
- Update documentation of systems and processes as required fit for internal audit
- Manage the implementation of key developments to finance systems and processes
- Consider and prepare business cases for alternative approaches and recommendations to changes
- Ensure successful implementation across the organisation including integration with bespoke systems, working with the IT department as required
- Recommend a way forward and evaluate implications on systems and processes, ensuring successful implementation across the organisation
- Develop more effective systems for management reporting
- Work with users and the rest of the finance team to identify requirements. Draw up business case. Ensure effective implementation
- Work with the Finance Manager (technical) and Management Account Supervisor on developments to reporting
- Provide support and cover as required in the management accounts team during busy periods
- Ownership of the finance systems
- Recommend improvements to processes, sharing useful insights into financial systems with the management accounts team
To be successful you will need
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA)
- Ideally have experience of both systems and finance, but does not necessarily have to be within the financial sector
- Experience leading financial systems developments and upgrades including:
- Developing business case proposals
- Successfully testing
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Involvement with training other users
- Experience of successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an aptitude for dealing with people in various contexts, employing tact and diplomacy
- Able to work using own initiative, making decisions and implementing across the organisation
- Pro-active and forward thinking in nature - ability to show creativity and apply problem solving skills to issues
If successful, you will benefit from
- Basic salary of up to £80,000
- A tailored flexible benefits package to suit you, covering health, finance and lifestyle
- Career progression opportunities
- Supportive, honest office culture
- Company socials and charity events
If you are looking for a diverse, open and vibrant working environment, with a firm who will develop your skills and provide a high level of employee wellbeing, then send across your CV and we will be in touch! Full job specification available.