Health & Social Care Assessor
My client is looking for a qualified Health & Social Care Assessor to deliver up to and including Level 5 across North Wales. (License and access to your own vehicle is essential)
Applicants must have prior experience of Managing a care home with a relevant Managers award (RMA4 / A4).
Purpose of the Role:
Supports learners in their learning process and plan the assessment process to ensure timely completion and achievement of Health & Social Care qualifications. Carry out quality assurance in line with the Client and awarding body requirements. Provide learners with advice on how to maximise own ability and learning skills.
- Effectively manage a caseload of learners from start to finish of their learner journey.
- Maintain an inclusive, equitable and motivating learning environment.
- Applying and developing own professional skills to enable learners to achieve their goals.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with learners to enhance learning.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support the needs of learners.
- Use a range of learning resources to support learners.
- Recruit/validate, induct and carry out initial assessment.
- Carry out Health and Safety vetting and monitoring (as per local business need)
- Plan the assessment process with learners and employers, observe and record assessment, completing all relevant documentation in line with Awarding organisation procedures.
- Develop and implement a tailored individual learning plan for all learners.
- Undertake regular monthly assessment visits with the learner to ensure timely achievement of qualifications.
- Support learners' development of literacy, numeracy and Digital Literacy skills.
- Embed Literacy and Numeracy into the chosen vocational qualification and programme.
- Advise learners on how to maximise own ability and learning skills.
- Complete and maintain all necessary paperwork to the required standards.
- Adapt own ways of working to ensure the learner is engaged and motivated to achieve their learning goals within expected timescales.
- Ensure that learner attainment and completion is in line with company, funding and regulatory bodies.
- Understand and commit to the QCF framework and occupational standards required for the sector(s) being delivered and in line with the marking policy.
- In line with business needs deliver occupational training sessions to groups of learners.
- Recommend additional support/training or follow up activities that would enhance the learner journey.
- Contribute to the progression of learners.inc communication to centres for traineeship learners.
- Assist in quality processes and standardisation meetings.
- Attend verification panels.
- Promote ESDGC throughout the learning programme.
- As required, attend External Quality Assurance visits.
- Support colleagues in their personal development.
- Ensure Mi-zone account is up to date, undertake continuous professional development and maintain own CPD file to meet awarding organisation standards.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.