Teacher of Geography
Teacher of Geography required on a full time basis to cover a maternity leave from September 2019 at Salford based Roman Catholic Secondary school.
Due to a member of staff set to go on maternity leave at the end of the academic year; this well respected Secondary school is seeking to appoint a passionate Teacher of Geography to join their highly successful Humanities department, from September 2019 for a fixed 12 month contract.
- Full time Teacher of Geography - maternity cover required September 2019.
- Opportunity to work within a high achieving Roman Catholic Secondary School.
- Applications are urged from both experienced and newly qualified teachers, as relevant support will be provided for induction.
- Pay in line with MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406.
This highly reputable secondary school based on the outskirts of Salford town centre, consistently achieve excellent results. It is recognised within the community as an excellent establishment and has been noted for its outstanding teaching and learning under the dedicated guidance of its Senior Leadership Team.
As the incoming Teacher of Geography, you can expect to join a supportive community of practitioners, expected to deliver dynamic lessons through innovative teaching and learning methods best suited to each individual Learner and learning ability.
The incoming Teacher of Geography will be expected to upkeep a high level of professional conduct and practice with full teaching responsibilities being upheld;
- Full planning, preparing and marking responsibilities must be held under discretion of Senior Leadership.
- Deliver outstanding Geography lessons in line with the Geography National Curriculum at Key Stage 3/4 and GCSE, through differentiated teaching and learning.
- Evaluate and asses classwork taking appropriate action to provide additional support
- Promote an inclusive pedagogy best suited to each individual learner.
- Take on extra curricular responsibilities which include attending regular staff meetings, parent's evenings and staff training; where applicable.
Salford is easily accessible via the M60/A580 (East Lancashire Road) and the surrounding areas; Bury, Bolton and Wigan. There are also various public transport options available with links across Great Manchester.
The school are in the process of shortlisting following the Easter break and if you would like to be considered for this exciting Teacher of Geography position then please forward an up to date CV using the links providedbelow or contact the Manchester Secondary Office for further information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.