Purchase Ledger Team Leader
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Team Leader to join a busy finance team.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of 4 purchase ledger clerks, allocating work, resource planning and ensuring the team are processing invoices accurately and on time.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the team in training and providing guidance to accounting staff to optimise performance including assisting in monitoring workloads to ensure timely completion of accounts payable activities.
- Carry out weekly one-to-ones and assist the Finance operations Manager with the PDR process.
- Support the team to ensure supplier accounts, including inputting and matching supplier invoice to the purchase order
- Ensure the team are resolving invoice disputes from suppliers and liaising with internal departments for prompt resolution.
- Reconcile accruals against supplier statement
- Work with the team to complete the discount supplier reconciliations on a weekly basis to highlight any discrepancies which can we resolved before the payments are due.
- Set weekly/monthly deadlines for completion of supplier statements to ensure outstanding invoices are processed for payment and ensure copies are requested if required.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure credit notes are received for returned stocks and invoice disputes.
- Maintain vendor relationships through timely payments and excellent service
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- 2 years minimum experience within purchase ledger or accounts environment essential.
- Experience of Oracle Computer System an advantage
- Experience of staff supervision.
- Strong leadership skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high volume and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Flexible approach.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.