H9 Technical have recently been engaged by a leading FMCG Manufacturer based in Lancashire to assist within their appointment for a HSE Manager, our client are one of the most innovative in the sector and have a real passion for training & developing their own people!
The responsibilities of the HSE Manager:
- Consolidation and management of HSE systems implementing group policy and procedures.
- To monitor, evaluate and review existing and new environmental, health and safety legislation ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with internal health and safety policies/strategies and conducting safety audits to ensure safe working practices.
- Providing Induction training for new employees and annual refresher H&S training for existing employees.
- Undertaking risk assessments and reporting any corrective, preventative actions to management.
- Controlling the permit to work system including providing contractors with on site Induction training.
- Controlling, maintaining and improving COSHH risk assessments.
- Controlling the accident/incident reporting system including trending.
- Liaising with specialist bodies such as the HSE and Environment Agency.
What the successful HSE Manager will need:
- Previous experience at a HSE Manager level is essential
- Good understanding of the statutory occupational health and hygiene requirements within a manufacturing industry.
- NEBOSH Certificate essential
- Internal auditing experience (ISO14001 auditor)
- Food/Drink/Paper or Packaging Manufacturing experience is essential