Import/ Export Clerk
Pattonair is one of the world's largest procurers in the aerospace and defence industry. We help our customers get the right product at the right time as well as providing proven supply chain expertise.
With over forty years trading experience, Pattonair consistently offer competitively priced products, world class performance, the highest quality standards and unparalleled customer service. We have global coverage from dedicated facilities to provide a range of services from product distribution, direct line feed and kitting, through to bespoke supply chain solutions and consultation.
As an Import/ Export Clerk you will have responsibility for:
- the daily processing of inbound and outbound product shipments in accordance with agreed service levels and time frames to ensure timely processing by external legislative bodies and support prompt product delivery into the business locations.
- Provide clearance instructions to third party freight forwarders to provide timely import of procured goods and correct inbound processing of consignment deliveries.
- To administer all daily activities relating to the Pattonair Customs Warehouse scheme to ensure compliance with HMRC operating requirements.
- Ensuring the timely completion of all CFSP period-end reporting to HM Customs to facilitate accurate accounting for duty charges.
- Maintaining accurate record keeping to satisfy all HMRC requirements and, accommodate any external audits.
- Participating in the improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
The ideal candidate will be have:
- Need to have come from a bonded warehouse environment
- Must be familiar with terminology CFSP (Customs Freight Simplify Procedure)/ IPR – Inward Processing Relief; Commodity Codes – Drives the duty on the product
- Minimum of 2 years in shipping/ air freight
- Strict attention to detail required
If you have the above skills/ experience for the Import/ Export Clerk please apply for this exciting opportunity.