Pubic Affairs Officer
We are looking for a confident Public Affairs Officer to join a well-known project at a busy and crucial time. We need someone confident and personable that would thrive in a busy environment.
To manage the public affairs activity in support of the overall communications and stakeholder strategy and lead on specific subject areas.
- Build and maintaining the reputation and trust with political and business audiences.
- Support the Public Affairs Manager, Head of External Affairs and Chief of Staff in the delivery of national, regional and London government, political and business liaison.
- Implement a defined portfolio of key work streams and associated engagement programmes working closely with the Chairman, CEO and Executive team.
- Monitor and research government, Parliamentary and other political activity, speeches, policy announcements and project related issues, and prepare briefings, presentations and responses for key individuals
- Work closely with the Community Relations Manager to support the delivery of an engagement programme with Borough leaders and Officers, as well as support issues resolution with local communities
- Deliver key stakeholder visits to worksites; including responding to all enquiries, checking for suitability; prioritising visits, and coordinating as required. Manage the logistics of site visits, ensuring health and safety is accounted for at every stage.
- Source and brief spokespeople for public presentations and speeches ensuring presentation material is appropriate for the specific audience
- Arrange and attend meetings with the CEO, Chairman and Executive members as appropriate
- Keep an up to date record of engagement and issues log with key political stakeholders and draft letters and responses to enquiries
- Manage engagement with other external audiences such as business groups and international audiences
- Undertake out of hour’s on-call external affairs responsibilities.
- Understanding and managing complex political and government stakeholder relationships and understand issues relating to relevant government and political audiences
- Understanding of the wider strategic industry challenges and approaches including productivity, skills, innovation, procurement, sustainability and exports
- Supporting the CEO, Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Executive Group in their engagement with key political stakeholders
- Work to tight deadlines while continuing to provide a consistently high standard of work
- Effectively communicating complex and detailed information in a clear, concise and compelling way, understanding the needs of different audiences
- Able to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation and in all disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to produce written material to a high standard in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to brief stakeholders effectively on complex and technical issues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of organisation and creativity.
- Good IT skills - Word, Excel and Powerpoint.