Part Time Payroll Clerk
As part of the Payroll and benefits team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the monthly payrolls are administered and processed accurately so that staff are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with their contractual terms and conditions of employment.
• To gather, verify and enter payroll data into system
• Export and pay through payroll system
• To ensure all starters, leavers, transfer and changes are made on time to alleviate possible errors
• To ensure bank details are updated and changes are maintained
• To ensure all payroll payments / deductions are correctly calculated in accordance with applicable laws and regulations such as SMP, SSP, and SPP
• Reconcile Accord Payroll and system on a monthly basis
• To produce monthly BACS file and upload onto online banking system for payment
• Dealing with ad hoc requests from third party Companies, HMRC, Job Centre plus etc.
• Providing employee assistance with payroll related matters as required Qualifications and Experience:
• Some payroll experience preferred - would be ideal for someone who wants to progress from their first payroll job
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Able to effectively communicate via telephone and email
• Excellent attention to detail • Good numeracy skills
• Good Excel skills and knowledge of payroll systems