Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
BMI Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
- Experienced in acute nursing care
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Significant experience working in an acute hospital setting as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Theatre or Deputy Theatre Managerial role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the delivery of patient safe clinical care provision of the Theatre service, in line with business needs and responsible for day to day organisation and management of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, both clinical and non clinical.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital. The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of the Theatre Team, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
- Acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
- Consultants, patients and relatives need to be dealt with sensitively and effectively.
- To ensure within the theatre area that staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Multi-disciplinary leadership and management.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.