Private Client Manager
Job Title: Private Client Manager
Industry: Financial Services
Location: South West, interested in clients from Taunton, Somerset, and surrounding areas
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Reference Number: 13627
Recruit UK are working on an excellent opportunity for a Private Client Adviser in the South West to join a Wealth Management Firm
This role will see you operating as a retail investment adviser, you will be recommending strategies to clients so they can achieve their financial goals and objectives in areas such as cash flow management, investment planning, estate management and tax and wills. You will be working with existing clients of the business with no new business target.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To establish and record the clients’ current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan
- To guide clients in the gathering of information relevant to the construction of a financial plan, such as bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills
- To analyse client information and investigate available investment opportunities to determine conformity with the clients’ financial plans
- To determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives and recommend plans best suited to individual client’s requirements
- To implement financial planning recommendations
- To prepare and interpret for client’s information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, and income projections
- To answer clients' questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies
- To contact clients periodically to determine if there have been changes in their financial status.
- To review clients' accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment
- To build and maintain client databases, keeping current client plans up-to-date
- To conduct seminars and workshops on financial planning topics such as retirement planning, estate planning, and the evaluation of severance packages
- To maintain and extend their own professional standards by keeping up to date with financial products and legislation
- To contact clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments
- To meet the professional, regulatory and ethical aspects of the role and treat all clients fairly at all times
- To establish and develop a network of referrals to support the recruitment of new clients on an on-going basis
- To balance referral activities, customer follow up, prospect building, and administrative tasks in an effective and organised way
What’s in it for you:
- Discretionary annual bonus of circa 10% of salary;
- Pension under auto enrolment of 4% company, 4 % employee;
- 4 x DIS life cover;
- Permanent Health Insurance cover;
- Private Healthcare after successful completion of 6-month probationary period;
- Interest free loan for season ticket purchase (if based in the London office) or re-imbursement of travel costs to the London office when required to attend (if based from home)
- Other business travel costs in accordance with our Travel and expense policy
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record, as measured by the achievement of competence status in a financial advisory role and performance against agreed standards
- Already an FCA Approved Person (CF30) or, if not, capable of satisfying the fitness and propriety requirements in order to be approved
- Qualified at least to Level 4 in Regulated Financial Planning
- Minimum of 5 year experience in the financial services industry, primarily within the investment advice and wealth management sector
For more information apply now or contact Angharad Jones 01179-170413 / angharad.jones @recruitukltd.co.uk
About Recruit UK:
As specialists in financial services recruitment, we bring unique expertise, insight and connections, whether you are looking for a new job or are trying to fill a role. We have a reach of more than 100,000 financial services connections.Right now, Recruit UK are pleased to be working with a Wealth Management Firm based in The South West on a Private Client Adviser role.
Our commitment to you
- Start every journey with a conversation to find out about you in depth.
- Provide honest feedback on where you fit in the jobs market.
- Use our network across the financial world to match you to your perfect position. Or if we think you already have it, we’ll tell you.
- Take a holistic mindfulness approach - career happiness is rarely just about the money.
- Cover the whole of the UK with a local touch through our regional teams.
- Never pester you.