Are you a humanitarian minded Finance Manager? This could be the role for you, especially if you are commercially minded and have experience of accouting within a project / consultancy environment.
Our client is a fast growing Central London based international consultancy established in 2009 which is currently turning over c. £7m pa - projected to reach £11m pa next year. It delivers ethically based humanitarian projects and solutions to fragile and post conflict environments across Africa and South East Asia. They now wish to recruit a commercially minded Financial Controller who can maintain and develop the strong financial control environment. The company offers an attractive salary, bright and open working conditions along with an excellent benefits package.
It is a hands-on role for a commercially minded self-starter who will be supported by an Accounts Assistant It will involve communicating and liaising with the local overseas financial managers.
As Finance Manager your duties and responsibilities will include overseeing all the day-today processing, client recharges and billing, forex and cash flow management, monthly management accounts and analyses, board pack preparation, statutory returns, budgeting, managing and accounting for the finances of remote projects, job costing and pricing, modelling and forecasting, liaising with the bank, as well as draft year end statutory accounts and audit preparation.
You will provide financial support and advice to the directors and managers. Occasional travel to Africa or South East Asia may be required (10%).
The ideal person should be an experienced hands-on financial controller who possesses the following attributes:
- Ideally a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and experienced accountant.
- Empathy with the company’s humanitarian and ethical values
- Commercially minded with a track record of financial innovation and taking the lead
- Experience of managing the finances of a growing SME service based business
- Experience of government contracts or third sector would be an advantage.
- Ambitious to add value to the business and its clients.
- Willing to travel overseas occasionally (10%).
Please send your CV along with a brief covering letter outlining your interest and suitability along with detail of you target remuneration.