Self Employed Claims Consultant
Gallagher Bassett was established in Chicago in 1962 as a Third Party Administrator (TPA) providing claims and risk control services to self-insured clients and now has 125 branches and over 3,600 skilled professionals in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada.
Gallagher Bassett UK was founded in 1991 and currently has seven offices across the UK with over 400 claims handling staff providing services to corporate, national and local government, insurer and broker clients.
We are constantly seeking skilled professionals to join our organisation, who are passionate about their work and take exceptional performance to heart. Gallagher Bassett presents opportunities that not only enable our company to remain an industry leader but also provide employees with limitless possibilities for success and personal growth.
Following some recent business wins, we are currently recruiting for a number of Claims Consultants, based across theUK to join the newly formed Gallagher Bassett Claims Consultancy Department.
The Team is project led and typical engagements can include:
- Insourced Claims Handling - working within Client claims operations the team will undertake claims handling projects across all business lines. Projects can arise as a result of clients wishing to
- Adopt Insource claims handling as an alternative to traditional outsourcing.
- Supporting Claims Transformation projects.
- Work Surge
- Particular Technical Hotspots.
- Audit and Review - technical and service audits including leakage, peril specific and skills gap audits.
- Training projects - providing desk side support to client staff.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Good claims technicians predominantly at this stage with strong Motor claims handling skills. The critical skill is being able to make quick and correct liability decisions.
- Self- starters who are able to work under pressure and with the minimum of supervision.
- Excellent communication and client facing behaviours.
The single biggest pre-requisite is the ability to consider working across the UK during the working week. Where possible we keep people as close to home as possible but projects may require teams to work within client locations away from home. A flexible approach to this is essential. (Accommodation and Expenses are funded where individuals are working away from home).
Our aim is to build a multi-discipline team to support both clients and Gallagher Bassett operations. Do you feel you meet the criteria for the position of Claims Consultant? If so, we encourage you to apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Should you be successful, you will be subject to a variety of checks including: a basic DBS disclosure and references.