Liverpool Secondary Schools looking for Exam Invigilation Staff
Are you looking for short term work in schools?
Full and part time hours available through May and June as an Exam Invigilator.
Hays Education are looking for multiple Exam Invigilators to work within secondary schools in the Liverpool area. You will work as part of a team of invigilators who will ensure exams are carried out according to the JCQ Exams Code of Conduct.
Previous school and exams experience is preferred although not essential as training will be provided.
Your new role
Duties for an Exam Invigilator are:
- Ensuring that candidates enter the Examination Hall in an appropriate manner;
- Ensuring that candidates are seated according to the seating plan;
- Ensuring that candidates are issued with the correct examination paper;
- Ensuring the correct identification of candidates;
- Dealing with candidates not on the candidate list and with latecomers;
- Ensuring that candidates conform to the Examination Hall requirements in terms of behaviour, mobile phones etc;
- Opening and distributing papers and other authorised materials to candidates;
- Notifying the start and finishing times of examinations;
- Ensuring exams are carried out according to the Exams Code of Conduct;
- Actively invigilating throughout the examination to ensure no cheating occurs;
What you'll need to succeed
These Exam Invigilator jobs are fantastic for candidates looking for flexible work to fit around other commitments, and ideal for students wanting school experience. This job would be suited to graduates or students wishing to fit work around their own examinations, supply teachers, NQTs, Teaching Assistants or others with experience of working in a school environment or position of responsibility.
- Use of initiative and strong communication skills
Placement in these roles will be dependant on completing an enhanced DBS check.
What you'll get in return
In return you will have access to full or part time shifts to work around your current commitments. A dedicated consultant will support you through the application process and will also remain a point of contact for support during your placement. You will enjoy competitive rates of pay and accrue holiday allowance as you work. You will also be able to access online CPD courses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.