Finance Business Partner
- Full Time
A leading Higher Education University requires a Qualified Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant. Reporting to the Head of FP&A you will Business Partner a number of teams for the College
- To support with budget monitoring, reconciliation of research project income and expenditure and identify any significant variances.
- To assist with financial planning for future research projects and provide guidance on awards and claims for accurate and timely invoicing of knowledge exchange
- Produce reports and analysis which highlight the contribution of efficiency of operational areas, and work with Departments to develop a good understanding of the cost drivers affecting the activities to advise on changes/improvements for future cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of project accounting and financial planning
- Experience of production of management accounts
- Experience of leading on budgeting and forecasting
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to solve complex problems, resulting in change
- Ability to collect and interpret financial and operational data (e.g. performance metrics) to assess efficiency and effectiveness, undertaking analysis and reporting and making recommendations as appropriate
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to put complex financial issues into layman’s terms for non-specialist audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working effectively and ability to influence senior colleagues
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, ability to work well under pressure and to be able to prioritise a heavy workload
- Able to understand new situations and information quickly, and interpret, challenge appropriately.