Transactional Team Leader
Our established client in Kempston is seeking a Transactional Team Leader to join the Finance Department. Managing 5 members of the Accounts Team you will ensure accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions for the Group.
Key Areas of Responsibility:-
- Management and Development of the transactional team members
- Oversee the purchase ledger; responsible for processing all purchase invoices, credit card payments, expense claims, petty cash etc
- Oversee the sales ledger; responsible for processing all bank receipts, credits and refunds, customer invoicing, monthly sales ledger journals etc
- Work to assist the management accountants to prepare monthly accounts, forecasts and budgets
- Prepare and submit VAT returns for the Group
- Liaise with auditors and assist with annual audit
- Maintaining financial process and procedure documents, i.e fuel expenses forms..
- Work alongside Group Operations Accountant to prepare financial information
- Deliver a high level of customer service in both written and verbal communication
Suitable applicants will have:-
- Previous experience of managing an accounts team with strong leadership skills
- Purchase and sales ledger experience
- Experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Confidence using Microsoft Office including advanced skills in Excel
- A keen eye for detail
- Exceptional organisational skills and self-awareness
Ideally the candidate will be qualified to AAT Technician or equivalent.
This is a permanent position offering £28,000-£31,000 depending on experience
Working hours are Monday- Thursday 8:45am- 5pm and Friday 9am-4pm